Essdens Rolling Stock Experience
Essdens resources have experience in providing Systems Engineering Services in numerous Rolling Stock projects.
Essdens resources have spent a number of years working with companies like Bombardier Transprotation, within Passenger Comfort and Train Control and Management Systems (TCMS), on the design, implementation, delivery, and validation of On-Train based CCTV systems, each being a sub-system to the TCMS.
These systems typically included the:
- DCO/OTCM (Driver Only Operated/On-Train Camera and Monitor Systems)
- Track Debri
- Saloon CCTV
- Review technical specifications
- Provide clause by clause compliance statements
- Design solutions to meet internal and external Operational Requirements and relevant standards
- Manage requirements in DOORS
- Design and resolve system level design issues for complex interfaces
- Manage system interfaces
- Produce interface requirement specifications
- Produce design documentation using Microsoft Office, Visio, and AutoCAD applications
- Manage design through change control boards
- Present design solutions to internal and external stakeholders
- Produce supplier system requirement documents
- Review suppliers contractual design submissions
- Produce performance and type test specifications
- Configure, test, and optimise system components
- Configure, test, and validate system design
- License Check Documentation for release
With each system being developed in-line with the relevant standards and using either digital or analogue transmission (LAN network or Closed Circuit) methods
Essden's main resourses have been incolved with the development of a number of UK projects:
Aventra Cl345 (Crossrail)
Aventra Class 710 (LOTRAIN)
Aventra Class 720
Aventra Class 701
Aventra Class 711
Aventra Class 730
Essdens resources can support numerous activities, throughout the project lifecycle, ranging for concept work to final validation and acceptance into service;
Systems engineering is an interdisciplinary field of engineering and engineering management that focuses on how to design, integrate, and manage complex systems over their life cycles. At its core, systems engineering utilizes systems thinking principles to organize this body of knowledge. The individual outcome of such efforts, an engineered system, can be defined as a combination of components that work in synergy to collectively perform a useful function.
The systems engineering process is a discovery process that is quite unlike a manufacturing process. A manufacturing process is focused on repetitive activities that achieve high quality outputs with minimum cost and time. The systems engineering process must begin by discovering the real problems that need to be resolved, and identifying the most probable or highest impact failures that can occur – systems engineering involves finding solutions to these problems.
Essdens resources have been involved in the systems engineering for muliple projects
For the Class 710 Unit, due to difficult gauging requirements, Essdens resource (who worked for Bombardier at the time) developed a new DOO camera and houusing.